For those in the early stages of a writing project
- Developmental editing: Editing that occurs as your project unfolds, helping you to clarify your vision and develop your manuscript with careful organization. Charged by the hour ($27-30 per hour).
- Substantive editing: Thought-level editing that strengthens and tightens up your writing after your first draft is complete. Charged by the hour ($27-$30 per hour).
For those in the latter stages of a writing project
- Copyediting: Editing that occurs after substantive editing is complete. Attention is given to grammar, punctuation, spelling, headings, and consistency. Charged by the hour ($25-$30 per hour).
- Hard-copy proofreading: Checking for errors on your printed proof, using proofreading marks ($25-$30 per hour).
- Book proposal and query letter editing: Careful review to ensure your queries and proposals meet your target agent’s guidelines and are presented professionally and winsomely. Charged by the hour ($27-$30 per hour).
For thesis/dissertation writers
- Substantive editing
- Resume editing
- Website copyediting and copy writing
- Article writing
My personalized quote includes the estimated hours needed to complete your editing project, based on my data from past editing jobs. I am also able to do a sample edit to help you see the value I can offer you. Once you sign with me, I keep track of all hours via an Excel spreadsheet, which is always available to you upon request.
Contact me today for a free sample edit and quote: email@example.com.